"Mindblogging words to move you."

Providing sisterly love through sisterhood while uplifting and encouraging and supporting one another.

Forums

Forum Home > Motivation > Reconnecting to old friends and family on Facebook how has this experience affect you!

Shay

How has your experience on Facebook reconnecting with old friends and family affected you in a positive or negative way?  How did you feel to see friends you haven't seen since high school?  How has it affected you to see family members that you haven't seen since you were little?  Has facebook been a blessing or curse experience for you?  Do you regret having a Facebook page or do you think that Facebook is the best thing that happen to your life?

October 22, 2011 at 3:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Quiet One

I've  found my mom best friend up until thier late 30 an lost each with moves and stuff. we had been looking for her for years i found her about a month after my mom past but she was happy to find me and we talk all the time and my husband it going to take me to see her before it snows. then i found my high school friend we had a bad fight well i found here but she wasn't happy to hear from me. Then my best find was my in my god mothers son he was taken away by his father a in his teen years we are having a great time telling stories. then i meet this sweet lady that has chanced my life for ever

--

October 22, 2011 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shay

Well I have had mix emotions about it because it was good to see old friends and family.  It's always good to catch up and sharing your stories about what you been up since the last time you saw them.  The only thing I don't care about is with family telling you that they want to keep in touch then that's the last time you hear from then until you reach back out to them.  It sad and a shame that your family see you on here every day and won't even say hi or ask how you are doing, but I realize that everyone is doing there own thing.  I find that if I want to know anything about my family is to check their page.  I can say that my experience is good also because I've meet some new and interest friends that I've had the pleasure of getting to know them.  I can say I don't regret facebook because there have been some benefit to it and I gotten some opportunities to achieve something that would not be successful without Facebook.

October 22, 2011 at 4:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Quiet One

"My letter to my friend".Whats up with you me not to much really. Couldn't sleep, I was playing games or trying to you keep coming into my mind well all three of you did I don't remember tony to much But you and paddy I sure due I remember the first time I told my mom I was in love with you she padded my head and said in a while you will forget about it. I remember our first date or at least I thought it was I wearing a pretty pink dress you all tall and everything in a blue sweater why did I think it was a date cause you asked me to go 9Blush back then) I was so happy till I opened our front room door and there was paddy next to you in a purple dress just like mine.I was so mad after the movies we went back to my house and had lunch after lunch I was sitting on the couch with you and paddy in my heart it was the best day around and I remember thinking hey paddy wasn't to bad. then it happened I laid my head on your should then mom yelled for you to get the front door and you and my ear ring went I bleed every where my first time out with you and here I was bleeding all over my dress and the couch. as you held the ice on my ear for my mom I was in love again till my mom opened her mouth and said now I want you two to be good for Ronnie he will order pizza later oh I knew how to make that nice so me and paddy went into the kitchen and got candle and the fancy glasses for our soda. then as you order i did like My mom had done before and paddy and I went into her room and but on her special night gowns.you laugh as we came out of the room witch made paddy mad and she ran off into my room and we both said we wouldn't talk to you for the rest of the night, but that wasn't hard you spent the night talking on the phone with your friends. then as we grew I still had a bad crush on you and the summer when I would go spend a week with paddy in San Mateo I would listen to every would you said until you had that girl friend that could purrrr it made me mad but I never said a word then the next thing I knew you were getting married my heart was broken I just knew one day you were going to come save me from the man I married since he was always hurting (over the year you didn't let anyone hurt me as long as you were there) But when I had my baby and you were holding her we were all in your moms house in Bell Mont you were holding my daughter and you had a happy look in you eyes I knew right then we would always be the best of friends till I couldn't find you. I'm GLAD i have my friend Ronnie back in my life. "His letter to me"  Great story. I remember us all having fun. I don't have a lot of clear memories from so long ago but as I was reading I could remember. "My letter back to him" Thats cool it just popped in my head. And my new "letter to him" Do you remember shaving my hair off when I was about 3.. My mom told me about it about it. She was going to school and you and tony watched her cut a friends hair and you and tony wanted to do like she did tony held me down and you cut my hair! when my mom found the three of us you asked her good job =-) I love what little memory I have of them too.

--

October 22, 2011 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Quiet One

Shay at October 22, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Well I have had mix emotions about it because it was good to see old friends and family.  It's always good to catch up and sharing your stories about what you been up since the last time you saw them.  The only thing I don't care about is with family telling you that they want to keep in touch then that's the last time you hear from then until you reach back out to them.  It sad and a shame that your family see you on here every day and won't even say hi or ask how you are doing, but I realize that everyone is doing there own thing.  I find that if I want to know anything about my family is to check their page.  I can say that my experience is good also because I've meet some new and interest friends that I've had the pleasure of getting to know them.  I can say I don't regret facebook because there have been some benefit to it and I gotten some opportunities to achieve something that would not be successful without Facebook.

for me its been great i love the short talks i have with family member now and the most people would not talk to family every day if they lived close to them. Well thats the way i look at it. face book has been a very good thing for me. Even thougt mybest friend didn't want to talk to me that was ok an it reminded me why we weren't friends any more. So that was a good thing i found out all my memories of us were good for me and not her. I'm happy with the out come

--

October 22, 2011 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cassandra "shayshay'" wilkins
Site Owner

I am so happy that your experience with Facebook has been a positivity one and you were able to reconnect with lost love ones and friends. I can tell it has been a blessing to your life. :D

October 22, 2011 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cassandra "shayshay'" wilkins
Site Owner

Facebook has had a good affect on me with my  website and if it wasn't for Facebook then I would have been able to accomplish the things that I have done so far.  Through my page I have beena ble to draw people in to my website with hot topics and sharing my comments on the topics.  By using my page I was able to get members to join my site and get other women to express themselves and get stuff of their chest.  I was also able to get good idea from them and get thoughts of idea to add and make change the neccessary mprovement to the website.  I've gotten alot of support and encouragement about the website and it made me feel really good and that I am doing a good thing. It's been a month and a half now since I started my website and it feels good. I've been promoting it also by handing out cards.  I just wish I had more participation because I got members that are not participating.  I had to remove a lot of members because they just joined to be joining and wasn't planning on participating. I probably would of had about 60 by now members, but I can just have people joining and not participating.  So with anything it has it's good and bad moments.  So I know that I will get more people to be involved and God will send me the help I need so I've add more friends on Facebook and hopefully I will get the right people to be interested in what I am doing.

October 22, 2011 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.